Spanking Art:Biographical information policy
The encyclopedic aim of this wiki can potentially come in conflict with the interests of people who do not wish to be mentioned in this wiki, or who wish that certain information about them is not mentioned. We have a moral and ethical responsibility and should respect requests for non-publicity insofar as is reasonable. At the same time, we should not allow for a scenario where people can harm our encyclopedic goals and sabotage our contents, which represents the hard and altruistic work of volunteer editors, just by saying they request deletion.
The guidelines below shall help us resolve such conflicts in a fair, unbiased and neutral way.
Guidelines for writing
The following guidelines apply to the writing of new content.
- If you do not have good reason to believe an information to be true, don't write it.
- If biographical information has already been published in a trustworthy source (such as a book or newspaper), and if you feel it will help the encyclopedic goal of this wiki, you can usually write it. Please put it in your own words, unless you're quoting, and specify the source where known.
- If you can not find any such source, it is a case of original research. If possible, seek permission from the person before disclosing any biographical information. In the case of a recently deceased person, try to contact the person's family. Be aware that such information will be subject to deletion if requested (see below).
- Material that may adversely affect a person's reputation should be treated with special care.
- For people who are notable for an entry in this wiki but who are not generally well known, exercise restraint and include only material relevant to their notability.
- For people whose notoriety is based around a single event (e.g. they have once made it into the news by spanking or being spanked), articles should not be created unless they have actively sought notoriety for this event.
Guidelines for deletion
The following guidelines apply whenever someone requests existing content to be deleted.
- Biographical information which is not verifyable by good neutral sources will always be deleted on request.
- Biographical information which is not in any way relevant to the topic and mission of this wiki will always be deleted on request.
- Biographical information which is not written from a neutral point of view (NPOV) will be either rephrased to make it NPOV, or deleted on request.
- Please note that unlike Wikipedia we do allow original research in this wiki, although original research is not encouraged, while information from good and verifyable sources, ideally with these sources quoted in the article, is always encouraged. Original research does not count as a "good neutral source". Therefore, if someone questions the truth or appropriateness of such a piece of information, we will decide in favor of deletion.
- Biographical information on people whose relevance to the topic of this wiki is disputable.
- Photos of people, or their body parts, which were previously released under a free license or are in the public domain (granting free use explicitly to anyone).
- People who are clearly relevant to the topic of this wiki, but want their whole articles, or any mention of their name, to be deleted.
- People who can not prove they are who they claim to be (which makes them difficult to tell from a troll or vandal).
Unless someone has a better idea, we will decide these on a case-by-case basis.