Objectives of spanking positions
From Spanking Art
- Anticipation: Announcing a spanking in advance is both an expression of dominance and an invitation to play. It also provides the spanker with the time to prepare more intricate scenarios. See also preparation for spanking.
- Comfort: The spanker should have enough room to move freely, to have their spanking arm at a natural angle that allows them to move effortlessly and without getting tired easily.
- Control: The spanker's position gives them the upper hand and allows them to easily control the spankee. They sit or stand at a higher position relative to the spankee and are able to easily restrain and situate the spankee.
- Full access: The spankee's position is designed to fully expose their buttocks and the spanker's relative position is designed to put that bottom at a convenient angle and height. Therefore, the spanker is able to view, tweak, pat and spank the spankee's buttocks.
- Safety: As the spanker is in a position to easily spank the spankee's buttocks at a natural angle, it is less likely that a blow will fall too high or too low. See also aim.
- Strength: As the spanker is able to wind up and freely swing their arm at a natural angle, they are thus able to apply swats to the intended target with the amount of force needed for the intended effect.
- Anticipation: The idea of being ordered to assume a spanking position helps the spankee to be prepared, and lets them anticipate what is coming. The anticipation and fear aspects of the punishment are as equally important as the pain factor.
- Emphasis on the buttocks: Adopting a spanking position results in the spankee's buttocks becoming the center of attention. The bottom is emphasized by its exposure and upturned position relative to the spanker. The spankee feels “all bottom”, which adds on to the anticipation.
- Exposure: A properly positioned spankee is fully exposed. The bottom cheeks are fully presented and split, with their undersides facing upward. For men, the anus and the back of the scrotum are shown. Women are even more exposed, as their rectums and vulvas are fully visible. This adds on to the humiliation.
- Humiliation: Having to 'assume the position' is humiliating in its submission, and helps to reinforce the thought in the spankee that they are going to be spanked.
- Inability to clench cheeks: When properly positioned (spreading their legs, pointing their toes inward), it is more difficult to clench the bottom cheeks and the spanking will be applied to relaxed, bouncing buttocks.
- Increased sensation: A properly positioned spankee will tend to be spanked harder and more completely on the sensitive sit spot.
- Loss of control: Once positioned, the spankee has relinquished control and may not easily regain it until the spanking is over. They may encounter difficulty getting out of position to avoid the spanks. (See also safeword)
- Presentation of the buttocks: The spankee feels that they are willingly sticking out their buttocks and presenting them for punishment. The spankee is aware that their buttocks cannot evade or escape the swats, and their bottom will form a flattering shape and be sexily perked out.
- Relative comfort: The degree of comfort depends on the purpose of the punishment and on the whim of the spanker. If the spanking is meant to be sensual, the spankee should feel comfortable so that they will not be distracted from fully enjoying the sensations of the spanking. If it is a punishment spanking, it is up to the spanker to decide how comfortable they want to the spankee to be.
- Safety: The spankee can be assured that they are in a safe position and will not be injured.
- Submission: The spankee is made to position themselves in a very vulnerable and humiliating position, indicating that they are completely submitting to the spanker's will. They are defenseless, and can do nothing to avoid the punishment.
- Communication: Verbal communication is necessary throughout the spanking to encourage the spankee to continue to assume the desired position.
- Adjustment: Throughout the spanking, the spankee may slip out of position either unknowingly or on purpose (to avoid the swats), so the spankee needs to constantly readjust their position from time to time so that their buttocks are presented fully for the spanking.
- Pickiness: One of the disciplinary aspects of spanking is that no matter how perfect the spankee is positioned, they can always improve their position, such as sticking out their buttocks further or spreading their legs wider. The spanker should not be worried that their exacting demands with regards to the spankee's position are too picky and unrealistic.
|Spanking positions (see also Objectives of spanking positions)|