Detention is a form of restriction, a punishment used at school. A pupil is required to remain in the classroom or school when other pupils are free to leave, either at lunchtime during the school day, or after school has ended.
During the course of a detention the schoolboy or schoolgirl may be required to undertake a task, such as writing lines or an essay, copying out a passage from scripture, a dictionary or an encyclopedia, or even remain still and motionless. Another variant is being sent out into the schoolyard to pick up litter. In some cases, wearing a humiliating cone-shaped paper dunce cap is part of the punishment.
In popular culture, the 1985 comedy-drama film The Breakfast Club involves the complex interaction between five high school students during a long period of Saturday detention.
Detention and spanking
Detention can also be the setting for a school spanking for a serious offense or if the student continues to misbehave. Other times, due to the praise in public, chastise in private philosophy or not wanting to further disrupt the class, a spanking may be reserved for a private detention session later in the day.
- Detention Delinquents - Christy (Marked butts)
- Detention House (Lupus Pictures), five-volume series
- Helen in Detention (Spanked Schoolgirl)
- Late for Detention (Sarah Gregory Spanking)
- Penelope's Detention (Spanking Online), Pandora Blake
- Prep School Punishments (Shadow Lane)
- Punished in Detention (Sarah Gregory Spanking, 2017), Sarah spanked by Miss Elizabeth
- Saturday Detention (Punished Brats)
- Taylor is Spanked in Detention (RealSpankings Institute), photos
"Cutting off Supplies" by Thomas Webster (1800-1886).